Monday

John 1

This passage of scripture has so much meat in it. So many powerful and beautiful principles. When I started studying for this take away, I had a difficult time focusing my concentration on one portion of it. I want to do this passage justice but I fear I will barely scratch the surface of all that it holds.

What I love about this passage of scripture is that it is so fundamentally sound. There is no other passage or individual scripture in the Bible stating so conclusively the evidence of the Bible being the thoughts of God. Verse 1 plainly says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." His Word was, is, and will always be the foundation upon which we, as men, can stand. It is unwavering, unchanging, and steadfast.

I can remember times when I have needed instruction and direction in my life; a crucial decision; a perplexing moment; a dry period in my spiritual life. In all of these things I have been able to find solace, strength, and peace in His Word. It truly is, as David said in Psalm 119:105, "…a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." To many this concept is so simple. But all too many times, it is the easiest to overlook. Many of our problems would be solved if we only would turn to His Word and principles contained within those leather-bound pages. We as REAL men serving the living God must remember that it is in Him we live, we move, and we have our being.

Thank you Lord for such an explicit map as to how I should live my life. I will never cease to thank you for all that your word is to me.

Donley Gandee