Wednesday

John 17

I was going to quote a specific verse, but a lot of the scriptures in this chapter describe the oneness of God.  There is no arguing with the Bible.  If the Bible says something then whatever it says is true, and no matter how hard you try to argue with it, you will never win.  That is why I wonder sometimes what other people are reading when they say our God is not Jesus and that they are two different people.  There is no telling how many scriptures that prove that Jesus and God are in fact, one.

John 17:25-26 25 "O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." 

These scriptures alone, prove that Jesus and God are one. If that doesn't prove it to you then read Isaiah 9:6 6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." In John 17:25 Jesus says "O righteous Father..."  If Jesus says "Father" then why was Jesus being called "The Everlasting Father"? He is also called "The Mighty God". He is called that because Jesus is God in flesh.
    
Marshal McGee