Tuesday

Malachi 1


Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.  And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.


Let me say I am forever thankful that Jesus Christ became that perfect sacrifice that eliminated our need for animal sacrifice. I am not worthy of His blood, but I am thankful he was willing to die for me.

Although we may not offer animal sacrifices anymore, we can be guilty of doing the same thing that verses 7 and 8 are talking about here. How many times have we been guilty of giving an imperfect offering to the LORD? And, it's not always cheating the LORD of His money, but sometimes it is in cheating the LORD of his time by not praying or partaking of the Word. Or, perhaps it is cheating the LORD by not spending time with family and mentoring them in His ways. Sometimes, we cheat him by not allowing Him to use our talents for the reasons that he gave them to us.

I do not want to be found guilty of offering an imperfect sacrifice to the LORD and pray the LORD would guide me in balancing my life in making sure He gets the first fruits.

Thom Creel