Sunday

Zechariah 14

Well, I have to say that when I realized what I had signed up for; I was not real excited.  This is prophecy and I am not a Bible scholar but then I read Zechariah 14 and some commentaries.  And I have to say, to my shame, that in spite of my attitude I found something that really spoke to me.  So I will try to put it in words and hope that others will be blessed also.
 
Zechariah 14 speaks of events surrounding the Lord's return but what spoke to me are verses 18 & 19.  I had to ask "What is the Feast of Tabernacles"?  Many on you probably know but I did not.  The Feast of Tabernacles is a feast of the harvest and I just began to try and imagine that final great feast celebrating the harvest of souls.  But I was awestruck when I realized that the Feast of Tabernacles was instituted thousands of years ago with a purpose.  It was not just something that God said "You have this celebration of the harvest because you need something to celebrate".  No, there was a reason, a purpose through the passage of time until that day when the final feast is celebrated.  There was great joy during the Feast of Tabernacles and I think the same will be true in the last one.  And then I was reminded that our God is the God of such order.  That thousands of years ago a celebration was put into place with a purpose and then will end with a purpose, just fillled me with awe.  I had to wonder why I worry about some things the way I do.  The God that orders events throughout the ages, that spoke our world into existance, that gave his life because He so loved His creation; can take care of me and order my life.  I want to try and encourage you men who are out of a job or in need of a better job, He knows!  He is in your tomorrow, your next week, your next year and He has everything in order.  Trust Him, He can handle it!
 
Douglas Dunn