Wednesday

Malachi 3

Stewardship

The coming messenger was John the Baptist, followed by Jesus the Christ. Jesus started by telling them of their biggest sin, greed, not giving back to the church. "DO NOT ROB GOD"

In answer to the people's skepticism Malachi emphasizes the certainty of the Messiah's coming.

The day of His coming when He will purify and judge all of us. Believers are obligated to give, in order to support the work of the Lord at home and on the mission field.

The Hebrew word for "Tithe" (ma'ser) literally means a tenth part.

Malachi 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall be room enough to receive it.

I have been blessed with so much in the passed months, you would not believe it if I told you, but I will find a way to give back to my Lord.

The blessings that accompany faithfulness in financial giving will come both in this life and in the hereafter and I don't want to miss the hereafter just for some petty thing in this world.

We are stewards of what God owns nothing more. God promises that if we practice good stewardship He will bless us greatly. But, if disobeyed, He will allow the devourer to destroy what we produce. Real men especially must remember that we do not own anything; we only manage God's resources.

So…like my mother once said "Why don't you be a real man and serve God".

Gene Wells