Saturday

Zechariah 13

When Paul speaks of the second coming of Jesus in I Thessalonians 4, he tells the church in vs 18 “Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” For the believer who has obeyed Jesus’ command in John 3:5, the return of the Lord is something of celebration and not fear.

 

The same joyous message is found in Zechariah 13. Verse 1 tells us “On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity.”

 

Our faithfulness to God and obedience to His word, will not only attain His faithfulness, but also every fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians chapter 5. The longsuffering of God is our salvation and God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

 

REAL Men, let’s cling to the celebration of verse 9 today—“And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.”

 

Tim Jacobs