Thursday

Psalm 17

Even though David was known for slaying his ten's of thousands, he still called upon the Lord to defeat his enemies. Chapter, after chapter he asks God to confound, scatter, and even slay those that would seek to do him harm.

David was a strong and valiant warrior in his own right, but he knew his limitations. He knew God was with him - verse 6 says "I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear my speech". He had already reminded God, "Thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing". Surely David's confidence would occasionally waiver when he was facing defeat, but he knew he was the apple of God's eye. Verse 8 says "Keep me as the apple of the eye"- not make me.

We as REAL Men should always know where we stand in God's sight! David rarely spoke of the here after, but verse 15 shows us exactly how David viewed himself after death. "As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness".

This should be the ultimate goal of all REAL Men.

Bro. Morrison