Wednesday

Psalm 5

The God who “hears” our prayer and meditation!

2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

David realized the importance of morning prayer and meditation. Prayer and meditation is a time of positioning ourselves in a proper relationship with our God and King. Notice in this chapter that David made note of what God likes and what God dislikes. In our prayer and meditation we are to position ourselves into God’s plan for the day that we are facing. God does have a plan and direction for our daily walk with him.

1 Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.

Notice that David used the words “my voice shalt thou hear in the morning”. Prayer often is us doing all the talking and not giving God a chance to “speak” to us. Direction is received by someone besides “me” doing the talking. David asked that God would consider his meditation. Meditation is important in our “noise polluted” world. We have so many electronic devices at our disposal that it is difficult to find a “quiet” time to meditate. I was very blessed to be raised on a farm where in the corn field there was just me and the Lord.

Men, let us position ourselves in a right relationship with our God and listen for His direction for our daily lives. God knows the end from the beginning!

Bob Gougler