Wednesday

Psalm 1

To start with, please let me reminisce a little. The fondest things that I remember about my dad, was his love for good preaching, and early morning prayer. Waking up early myself and hearing him praying always touched me at a young age. One cold wintry day we had killed hogs and I was outside by myself cooking the pork rinds when my dad walked out to where I was and started talking about the Lord and the first chapter he learned to quote. I soon learned to quote it myself and it has stuck with me for many years, the first chapter of Psalms. I will paraphrase. Happy is the man that does not take counsel of the wicked people, nor associates with sinners, nor sits with those that find fault with everybody.

But he is joyful that he has the word of God to guide him, and he studies and follows the teachings of the word of God. He shall be like a tree that was planted in a special place and had plenty of nourishment and water, who does not shed his fruit early, his leaf shall not either, and whatsoever he sets his heart to do will be prosperous. The ungodly are not so (happy and prosperous) but are like the chaff that is blown about with each and every small wind that comes their way.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment and nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous, and will not hear "Well done my good and faithful servant". For the Lord knows all about those who have kept his commandments and done what is pleasing in his sight, and we shall be with him forever, but the way of the ungodly shall perish, away from God forever.

Ralph Cain