Thursday

Acts 22

This chapter is about Paul's conversion. Paul states in the first few verses how he was persecuting the church of the living God. But I find it interesting that verse 3 says that he was zealous in serving God. He was just doing all that he knew to do. In my imagination, God looked down and said, "I can use a man like that."

While Paul traveled on the road to Damascus, the Lord shone a bright light out of heaven and asked, "Saul, Saul why persecutest thou me?" Saul answered with a question, "Who art thou, Lord?"

In my opinion, this is a doctrinally sound scripture that is often overlooked. We understand that by this time in the scriptures, Jesus had already been resurrected and taken to Heaven. Notice what the Lord says, "I am Jesus of Nazareth whom thou persecutest."

I am thankful that God has a special way of leading and guiding us into all truth. I also believe that God leads and guides us through people that are obedient to Him. We find later in the chapter that Ananias was moved on by God to go to Saul (Paul) and pray that he might receive his sight. We should always be a witness where ever we go and to whomever God puts in our path.

I hope that everyone has a great day today, and know I am praying for you.

Rev. Chad Mooney