Thursday

Acts 3

By Peter's touch, the lame man received strength in his body to become a "walking witness".

By faith in the name of JESUS, we can all receive the strength needed to become the "walking witnesses" which God needs us to be for others!

Bro. Don Pemberton


In reading Acts Chapter 3, I am reminded once again about the apostolic power that we, as believers, possess. We all know the miracle that occurred with the lame man at the gate. However, as I reviewed this passage today I was drawn to a different perspective. 2 key points that I see:

* The lame man was looking for temporary gratification through his daily collection of alms.

It is so easy for us to be so caught up in the mundane (daily activities), that we can miss miracle opportunities that surround us. We are surrounded by a world in need (spiritually, morally, and physically lame) or may be in need our self, but can easily be distracted by temporary gratifiers.
Peter's initial command was "look on us". As I look to the new year, I pray that God will shake me from my mundane focus and help me to turn my eyes to the miracle worker. I can hear him speaking to me "look on me".

* The people that gathered at Solomon's porch looked to Peter and John as the source of the miracle.

There is so much static in the world that it is easy for us to be distracted from the true source of miracles. The crowd marveled at Peter and John as the miracle worker and so often we take credit for miracles in our lives (success, health, family). Peter rebuked the crowd and issued a call to repentance.

The chapter started with a miracle, but ended with a call to repentance. I pray that all of us can be free of the distractors and self appreciation as we move into the new year and focus our attention on the one that gives the miracles. I am looking forward to great things happening this year. With miracles come opportunity. As God continues to smile on us, we must take the opportunity to share the message of his power, forgiveness, and healing.

Jeff Mcgee