Tuesday

Colossians 3

In my Bible Colossians 3 is titled "What Christians Should Do" then it is broken down into sub-titles "Principles of Christian living" and "Principles of relationships."  Although I have always known it, I realized again today that life is FULL of choices!

Col. 3:2 "Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth." - my choice.

Col. 3:5 "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth..." - my choice.
Col. 3:8 "But now ye also put off all these..." - my choice.

Reading through Colossians 3, I find 17 opportunities that involve me making a daily choice.
 
I understand that these are things we as Christians are being admonished to do in order to live as God wants us to, but we still have the choice.  Sometimes I do not want to put on kindness or longsuffering.  Sometimes putting on charity is the most difficult admonishment of all, yet I am encouraged to do so...even when I don't want to.  If I am to honor God then I must align my life with the admonishments of not only this chapter of Colossians but the entire Word.
 
I would like to encourage every man to make the right choices every day.  There will be days when humbleness and meekness are the last things you may want to put on but it's worth the effort.  Remember that being a Christian takes a R.E.A.L. Man!
 
Douglas Dunn