Thursday

Romans 7

"We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature." (NIV) Romans 7:14-18

Thanks be to God that this does not have to be us today. We no longer have to try to follow the written code with the plague of sin following us and making occasion to bear fruit of death. No, because there is a savior who made a way for us, bringing us out of our carnal nature and into the spiritual. It was by His death that we identify with Him in our being dead to sin. For without the death we could not leave the law of sin, and we could not serve in a new way if it wasn't for His resurrection.

"So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God. For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code."  (NIV) Rom 7:4-6

He was the one who rescued us from this body of death, and for this I give Him praise! The world tries to tell us it is not necessary to identify with His death anymore, but you and I know that water baptism alone is what frees us from the plague of sin. The world says the Holy Ghost doesn't matter, but you and I know the Holy Ghost alone enables us to serve in the new way. God bless brothers, and let us continue serving Him in the new way.

Mike Creel