Sunday

Romans 3

Romans 3:21-26

21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it –22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ in all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by His grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by His blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in His divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show His righteousness at the present time, so that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.  

ESV

As I began to read Romans chapter 3, this passage of scripture leapt from the pages. The scripture tells of God's righteousness and how He covers us with His blood. If it was up to us and our righteousness, we wouldn't be saved. Verse 23 says, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  Additionally, Psalms 51:5 states, "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me."

We, as humanity, need a Savior. I am very thankful that, as a small child, I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and was buried in the name of Jesus Christ. I had the faith that I would speak in other tongues when I repented of my sins and was baptized, according to Acts 2:38.

Verse 25 gives reference to the blood on the doorpost (The blood of the Passover Lamb). We are affected by this concept even in present time. We know the parallel between the blood on the doorpost and the death of Jesus. Since Christ died for us, we can now experience His Holy Spirit and take on the character and nature of Jesus Christ. Not because we are anything great, but because we have experienced the righteousness of God.

Chad Mooney