Monday

1 Thessalonians 2

I am very moved this morning by the word. I can not express the love and the strength in my heart from this chapter. It is so beautiful to read the word and then feel God tugging at your heart to act upon the word you just read.

We start our with Paul writing to the church and briefly talking about his struggles and things he has gone through to get to where he is to spread the word of God. He speaks of a past full of mistreatment and unfair actions done to him for doing nothing more than spreading the Gospel.

I can not imagine what it would be like, the pressure, of being treated so badly because I was spreading the Gospel of Jesus. He writes reminding the church of his motives and how he has always been so REAL with them. He talks about his words and how he never manipulated people by his words for self gratification.  He assures them that even as some of the church were being mistreated that he also had been mistreated, yet he pressed for the mark!

Paul at this point just gets REALLY REAL with the church when he opens his heart. He says, not only do I preach this gospel to you because I was sent by God to do so, but moreover THIS gospel IS MY HEART! I'm bearing my soul here is what he was saying. I'm not just doing the right thing by telling you about Jesus and this truth but I am pouring out my heart letting you know I have experienced these thing and I love you way too much to hold anything back. I loved you as a mother cares for her children. I care for you not just to the extent of what you do and say as new believers, but I care about your SOULS. I want all of you to make it to heaven.

He goes on to show his real love for these people and how he missed them while he had to go away and he last statement really shows us his motive. He says to them, when we all get to heaven and see the glory of God...... Your souls walking through those pearly gates will be my Pride and Joy.

Oh how I want to share the love of God and SHOW his love to the sinner, the back slider, the new convert, the broken, and the bruised. I want to Love like Jesus loves. I want to be R.E.A.L. like Paul and let this Gospel inspire us to see this world SAVED.

Chase Potter