Sunday

Hebrews 13

There is so much instruction for living in this chapter .

The writer tells us to, "love each other as brothers (v1)" and "entertain strangers for we may be entertaining angels (v2)" and to "remember those in prison as if we were in prison (v3)" to "keep the marriage bed pure (v4)" and not to " love money (v5)" but "be content with what you have" for God has said, "Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you."

So with confidence we say, "the Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?"{(v6)  The writer also instructs us to imitate the faith of our leaders, and to obey and submit to their authority, for they must give and account.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.  "Through Jesus, therefore let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess his name.  And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased (vv15,16)."

To me there is so much instruction and encouragement in this chapter . I think one would do well to be able to live the teachings in this chapter.  And so we press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called us. 

Rick VanderZanden