Thursday

Galatians 4



:3 Even so, we, when we were children. . . .
:6 And because ye are sons, . . . .
:7 Wherefore thou are no more a servant, but a son;
:19 My little children, . . .
:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise
:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free

When I was a child, and that was a long time ago, I was always excited to be called a "young man."  As I got into my teens because of having a job and responsibilities I considered myself a "man."  When I got married and had a son of my own, I knew I was "a man."

So when I got into the church and everyone, including my pastor and wife, called me a "babe in Christ" I was very upset.  I always considered it to be a shame to be called a baby.  Think about it sensibly, when you are a baby you are irresponsible, negligent, without knowledge.  As a man, I could make my own decisions, plans and objectives in life and appear to everyone else that I was a mature fully grown man.

When we come to the Lord we are his babies, his children, not a servant.  We are not a slave or a son of a bondwoman, but His kid.  Now consider the fact that if we are His son then we are a reflection of our father.  Everything we do or say could be a blessing or a trouble to our father.  You have heard the saying, "a chip off of the old block."

As REAL men we are a reflection of our Heavenly Father.  So as we go about our daily activities, whether at school, work, play, church or in the privacy of our secret world we are, or should be a true child of promise.

So I would encourage each of you to accept and even more so enjoy your current position in the Kingdom of God as a REAL man, regardless of your age or stature.  Paul said in Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation that believeth."  You and I cannot be a poor reflection of our father or cause him to be ashamed of us, because as it states in Gal 4:7 "...but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."  When you think about your coming inheritance as a child of God it is exciting.

David DeTar