Monday

Hebrews 8

A Superior, New Covenant.

As I study and strive to know the Word better, I personally sometimes still need my meat cut into smaller pieces for me. So, Brothers please be understanding of my infancy here. (Thank you Jeff for the analogy.)

I learn here of an important point of the New Covenant God has for us. "Through the High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens". Through Jesus!  not through the old priesthood and the old Covenant and the old law.

In Hebrews 8, I find a true revelation for myself. I am so thankful that Jesus gave Himself as the ultimate sacrifice and mediated as the High Priest, giving us a New Covenant.  A Covenant of Grace, not works. Better promises, promises that will see us through our darkest times, promise of undeserved mercy and grace.  Without His wonderful mercy and grace, I would be lost forever!! Thank you Lord!

 "I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts"-  This to me REALy stands out.  With a personal renewed conviction, this is on My Mind and My Heart all the time now. A transformation from within!

"I will be their God, and they shall be My people"-  The New Covenant allows us to have a greater intimacy with God, a one on one relationship. Hallelujah!

"Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more"- Again, I am so thankful to you Lord  for your new covenant, that we don't have to just "cover over" our sins, but truly be washed by Your cleansing Blood!

One thing here today I have learned is that,  He is not a "shadow and a copy".. Jesus is the REAL DEAL!

Larry Birchfield