Tuesday

Galatians 3

When I read this chapter I was reminder that I cannot do anything to earn this great salvation.  "Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?"  Sometimes I forget that even in what I consider "my goodness" I am desperately in need of God's grace.

 

Further I find we have such a greater responsibility now.  The Law was a teacher (v24) it was given to be a guide, to show what sin was (v19) and what we should do because of it.  But now we have a relationship with God.  We are filled with His Spirit and He is working miracles in our lives (v5).

 

The law of the Old Testament is a masterpiece painting of who God is and what He longs for in His people.  But now, He has called us to be His masterpiece.  He wants a "living sacrifice, holy, acceptable" (Romans 12:1).  As we seek Him, God calls us to a place where we can be His reflection.

 

Aren't you glad that you were buried with Him in baptism?  I will never forget the day I took on the identity of Jesus Christ by being baptized in His name.  I want to be ever ready to follow His living word alive in me.  He filled us with His power to be a light to the entire World (Acts1:8).  Let's push back the darkness together!

 

Jason Ouellette