Wednesday

2 Corinthians 2

Paul begins this chapter by writing to Corinth.... I come not to bring pain, for if I do who will bring me joy  but the ones that I have caused pain.  For his joy was theirs.  Writings with a pen dipped in a well of tears, that they would not be hurt but know the great love that he (Paul) had for them.  In writing this he also admonished them to forgive those that inflict pain and sorrow upon them, instead of the suffering put on them by the majority, (Ref. 1 Tim 5:20) for they will need comfort and forgiveness.

This can be a great lesson to us all. We must forgive those that bring hurt to us, showing love and comfort. Not being used as a door mat, but giving them what is required of us. How many times have we all been in need of forgiveness or been on the forgiving end?  What a great work can be done in us, or thru us by God in these times. There is a great peace in these actions, and God will perform His perfect will in us if we obey.  I know from personal experience that forgiving is liberating, and a breath of fresh air in my life.

There is much more in this Chapter, but what spoke the most to me was forgiveness and the act of giving it. What a blessing we can be to others when we follow God's plan.

Joe Crosson