Sunday

1 Corinthians 15

"Where, O death, is your victory?
       Where, O death, is your sting?"

These are the words that our spirits cry out triumphantly, piercing the ear of death, who has to flee from the sounding of the trumpets of heaven.

Sure it may not look like it now when we see many falling from sickness and disease, but know that it's not in this body that we will inherit the kingdom of God;
it's by the spiritual body that we are raised. It won't be too long until the REAL men of this earth will become the men of heaven, and we will all sing together,

"Death has been swallowed up in victory." It was not on our own that we received this great gift of everlasting life, but by the last Adam, Christ Jesus, who was the first of the resurrection.

So with this great hope we have in Him we can press on through life and move ahead to this high calling in Christ.

Last week I had privilege to meet with Bro. Mooney and it's as almost as though I could see his spirit speaking the words, "I press on".

He might be weak in his body, but there is still that steadfast work in his spirit that causes him to be encouraged and even encourage others, as myself.

And I see these words being spoken in all who are matured in the Spirit, knowing that this perishable shall be raised imperishable.

So with the mind set of Bro. Mooney influencing me I will say, "I press on", knowing that I too have a higher calling in Christ beckoning me to have victory over death.                                                                                                       

Mike Creel