Friday

1 Corinthians 7

Paul lived a life of urgency.  He lived his life in pursuit of Jesus Christ glorified.  His words in 1 Corinthians 7 echo that urgency "Because of the present crisis…  The time that remains is very short…  For this world as we know it will soon pass away…"

It was under this premise that he instructed , "it's better to stay unmarried." Because, "an unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord's work and thinking how to please him. But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife."

It seems however, that the calling is much deeper than married or unmarried, slave or free, rather Paul is calling us to live a life that is defined by Jesus Christ rather than decorated by it.  "And be ye not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind…"

I want the decisions that I make tomorrow, the path I lead my family down, the way I regard myself and my situation to be viewed in light of who I am in Jesus Christ.  Our identity should be found in Him. Oh, Lord what could we see happen by Your hand if we would but just look upon all in light of Your power?

Jason Ouellette