Saturday

3 John

4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

In a society that is seemingly slipping away, and departing from the truth of God's word it is refreshing to see that there are parents that will still stand up for truth. Parents that will teach their children what is right and wrong. I know that I am blessed to have been brought up and taught that there is ONE GOD! I remember that one of the first passages of scripture that my dad taught me was from Ephesians 4:5, 6 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." Sure, there were times when I questioned what was true. There were times that I wanted to be doing other things than memorizing scripture, or listening to my parents read the Bible. It wasn't always the coolest or most fun thing, but it was the BEST thing. The BEST thing that my parents have ever done for me was raise me in the truth! The BEST thing they have ever given me was the Word of God!

I am just a young man, but I do believe that the greatest thing that we can ever do is raise or children in the Truth! I pray that when I have a family someday that I will always stand up for what is right, and teach them that there is ONLY ONE WAY!

Prov 22:6
 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Ryan Denard